Friday, September 27, 2013

Exciting News For Third Grade!!

I have began using a website called Artsonia to display my third graders artwork. This website is really great. I put in my rosters and it generates a username for each student (so we don't have to worry about their last names being on the internet). The reason I do the blog is to showcase some student artwork and let parents know what is going on in the room, but unfortunately I don't have time to photograph all 550 pieces of artwork each week. Third grade is my test group. We are going to be using a set of iPads in our classroom in the next few weeks. I will teach them how to properly take their own photographs and upload them to Artsonia. Parents, or anyone for that matter (grandparents, aunts, uncles) will be able to go to the Artsonia website (www.artsonia.com) and search "St. Robert Bellarmine" in the search box. When you click on our school, our "Exhibits" come up and you can find your student's artwork. Right now, there are only the pictures that I already had from third grade, but next Friday every student will have a piece of artwork up. When you click on the picture, there is also a way to buy items with that artwork on it (coffee mugs, t shirts, postcards) and 20% of the  money from those purchases come right back to St. Roberts.

My ultimate goal is to be able to have a classroom set of 8 iPads so every class can upload their photos to Artsonia weekly, or even daily. This would allow each of my 550 students to have a online "exhibit" of their artwork all together.

More will be posted on this subject later, I just wanted to give everyone a heads up!

No comments:

Post a Comment