Monday, August 26, 2013

Things I Could Always Use...

I am starting multiple projects and there are some things that I will be buying to use in the classroom that are every day objects. These would be easy things to donate if you have them laying around the house. The list includes:

Paper plates-the foam kind work the best but the regular paper kind work just as well. We use them as palettes to put paint on. Old aluminum pie tins work well for this, too!

Aluminum foil-I am about to do a lesson on printmaking with the 3rd grade and we will need some aluminum foil to use as our "plate". I can also always use foil to build the armatures of sculptures, which we will be exploring later this year in many grades.

Baby wipes- It's hard to believe, but baby wipes clean almost everything! They are much easier to clean paint and printmaking ink up with! If you have any extra laying around after potty training your little ones-bring them in!

Plexi-glass-I know this isn't something that you normally have laying around, but small plexi-glass rectangles would be perfect to roll ink onto for printmaking or to use as plates later on. They would be perfect cut into 9"x12", but smaller would work too. I will put masking tape on the corners of these to keep them from cutting students.

That's all for now, but I will be reposting and updating this list often.

No comments:

Post a Comment